A quick one-off: objective markers for my Tzeentch army. They’re based on a Dark Eldar Razorwing Flock, mounted on individual flying stems with little rocky monuments made out of slate. Instead of painting a number on each, I just changed the number of skulls. That’s how counting works in Warhammer.
I realised that I needed objective markers at the tournament in November, when one of my opponents had made really cool beastmen-themed totems to place around the battlefield. I liked the idea of auspicious birds as an indicator of Tzeentch’s interest.
And yes, I’m still finding ways to avoid working on that massive batch of Thousand Sons.